This one here is a keeper. British classic comfort food. Soft veggie-meat filling topped with fluffy potato. You will love it.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 100g cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 250g frozen peas
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 250g beef or pork mince
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 450g potatoes
- 150g of yogurt
- salt, thyme, smoked paprika and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/400°F.
- Chop and saute carrots, celery, onion and peas for few minutes
- Add the meat and saute for another few minutes
- Season with black pepper, thyme and smoked paprika.
- Add tomato paste and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Let this reduce slightly then add some water. Allow to reduce down until you have a thick meaty gravy. Season to your taste.
- Remove from heat. Grease an oven proof dish with olive oil.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes over top. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the potato is nice and browned on top.
- Serve and enjoy!