Pasta, broccoli, cheese and chicken. Oh, and sour sauce. That’s pretty much all you need for this simple, elegant 20-minute dish.
250g of Italian pasta
600g of fresh broccoli
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in cubes
10-12 medium sized mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion
100g of cheese
4 tablespoons of sour cream
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the cubes of chicken breast on both sides until browned. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Wash, and cut broccoli and add to boiling water. Cook on a low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and sprinkle the flour over the top. Whisk the butter and flour together until it forms a paste. Add the cream and whisk it with the flour and butter until incorporated. Cook the cream for 5-10 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Add the cheese and whisk until it’s melted into the cream.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, and pasta to the cream sauce. Stir well to coat everything in the sauce.