Homemade, oldschool comfort food! Tastes delicious and is healthy too! What else do you need?
300-400g skinless cod fish,
About 1tb of flour,
- Beat egg into a bowl and mix for smooth texture. Meanwhile, wash fillets and leave them to dry or pat with paper towel.
- When the fish is dry, rub in spices and dust each fillet in a little flour. Dip into beaten egg.
- Do the same thing with another fillet.
- Pour the sunflower oil into large frying pan and heat it. Holding one end, lower the fish into the oil one by one, carefully so you don’t get splashed – it will depend on the size of your fryer how many fish you can do at once. Cook for 6 minutes or so, until the batter is golden and crisp.
Impress your sweetheart with this easy yet classy, romantic dinner. Basil pesto pasta will keep you warm yet light. And it is ready in a flash!
250g of durum pasta,
1 tablespoon of roasted pumpkin seeds,
A bunch of cherry tomatoes,
1 teaspoon of garlic powder,
1 teaspoon of dried basil,
Some good quality basil pesto
- Cook pasta in a saucepan al dente. Follow packet instructions. Usually it is around 8 minutes. Drain.
- Put saucepan on a medium heat, return pasta and add pesto. Stir it well and gently. Add spices. Stir. Cook for 2-4 minutes.
Halloween is near, while the weather gets colder. Great time to grab some fleshy pumpkin and make yourself and for your dear ones, something special like… a pumpkin cream soup. It is elegant, tasty and so, so easy. Good pick for lazy ones.
roasted pumpkin seeds,
2 medium carrots,
1 big onion,
salt n pepper to taste
Wash and peel the skin off the pumpkin. Remove the seeds and cut flesh into small wedges.
Meanwhile, roughly chop onion and carrot. Heat a lug of olive oil over medium heat in a deep saucepan, add all vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes. Add about 0,5 l of water and cook for about 30-40 minutes on a low heat. When the squash is ready, it should be very soft but still fleshy. Do not overcook! Be careful. Blend with a stick blender. Finished.